Using GS-10 with Korg AX3000B - A question on Pedal Wah

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
sim1969
sim1969's picture
Using GS-10 with Korg AX3000B - A question on Pedal Wah

Hi.

I'm an owner, beside a GS-10, of a Korg ax3000b (for bass). The latter can be used as midi pedalboard to drive others instruments.
The Korg can send program change numbers when in patch mode, and CC numbers when in individual mode (i.e.,
inside a patch, you can turn on/off individual effect).
When plugged to GS-10 via midi, this one obey without any configuration to PC commands; configuring assigns, and
putting ax3000b in individual mode, I can turn on/off 5 effects on the GS-10, since the foot switches on the ax3000b are
configured to send alternatively an off or on signal pressing the same switch. In other words, they behave like
switches even on GS-10.

This is very good for me, because I can turn off/on effects without the lag I notice when switching from a patch to
another on the GS-10.

The expression pedal on the ax3000b can send midi CC (and the control switch too).
This can be configured to control the volume on the GS-10; I would like to set it to control Wah (Pedal Wah on the GS-10).
Is it possible to control Wah using a midi CC as source control, instead of GS-10 Expr/Ctl input?
I made an Assign this way:
- control source: midi CC#7 (the same CC the expression pedal on the ax3000b sends);
- target: PW - Pedal Position.

But doing this mutes the sound; in other words, it doesn't do what is supposed to do.
Can someone help me on this topic? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot and forgive my verbosity.

Sim

Mark van den Berg
Mark van den Berg's picture

I made an Assign this way:
- control source: midi CC#7 (the same CC the expression pedal on the ax3000b sends);
- target: PW - Pedal Position.

But doing this mutes the sound;

Three suggestions:

1. Are the other parameters of the Assign correct?
For instance, this should work:
Min = 0
Max = 100
Mode = Normal (this should definitely not be Toggle!)
Act. range Lo = 0
Act. range Hi = 127

2. Is another active Assign in the same patch using MIDI CC #7 (possibly with Target being FV: Level or MST: Patch Level etc.)?

3. The standard meaning of MIDI controller #7 is "Channel Volume". So if the Korg AX3000B's MIDI output is somehow (also) sent to (for instance) the MIDI input device of your audio card or amplifier, the audio card or amplifier might mute its output.

Hope this helps,
   Mark.