Using BCR and BCF2000s to send sysex control to Yamaha synth plg/sw1000 sounds cards ?

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
swayzak
swayzak's picture
Using BCR and BCF2000s to send sysex control to Yamaha synth plg/sw1000 sounds cards ?

Hello

Is it possible to send "live" hi res sysex control to my sw1000 xg and plg synth cards (mounted in Kenton Plugstation and my DAW PC)  ?

If so, would this data be recordable in approp software host e.g. Cubase or Podium ?

How could I set this up ?

Thanks

Royce
Royce's picture

Hi swayzak,

I have a PLG150VL in a MotifES rack and that can be controlled by sysex.

If your DAW can record sysex then there is nothig special in these messages that would prevent recording.

As far as "hi res" is concerned, Midi is a slow protocol by today's standards and sysex messages are always longer than CC messages, so I guess it depends on how long the sysex messages you are sending are and how hi res (messages per second) you are thinking.

Quickest way to find out is to try it out.

All the best

Royce

Royce
Royce's picture

Sorry missed the last question.

I haven't ever tried to access a PLG on a sound card, but what I would do is try to do that with MidiOx. See if you can play notes and change patches.

(you need to connect the MIDI-OX Event Port to your card's Midi Out in the Midi Port Routing window)

Then determine the sysex messages and the range of values needed from the PLG manual.

Type out the sysex in MidiOx (View / Sysex...) and send it to the card to make sure it can be done. (again this comes from MIDI-OX Event Port)

All OK, then get Mark's editor and program the BCR with the sysex and the range values.

Feel free to post again if you get into trouble.

Royce