Setting BCF2000 Function keys up as Buttons 53-56, with which parameters?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
ibendiben
ibendiben's picture
Setting BCF2000 Function keys up as Buttons 53-56, with which parameters?

Hi there, 

Just started using BC Manager, awesome tool! However being new to both the BC2000 Midi controller and BC Manager, I'm a bit confused as to how I'm supposed to setup the parameters of the Function keys to make them mapable in android's Mixing Station.

So far in BC Manager I copied preset 1 to 0, Edited the Settings so that Function keys act as buttons 53-56... But when I open the 'buttons' or 'layout' tab I see that the function keys parameter fields are empty AND Button 53-56 already exist, namely in Push encoder group 3. So now I'm a bit confused. Should I give them the same parameters? Or should I give them different ones? And what values am I alowed to use? Same goes for the Preset buttons, or Encoder group buttons. If at one point I'd like to turn them mapable. Would be nice to be able to program each of those buttons to a seperate function. 

Anyone here that can help me out? 

Mark van den Berg
Mark van den Berg's picture

when I open the 'buttons' or 'layout' tab I see that the function keys parameter fields are empty

When you set "Function of function keys" (in BC Manager's preset dialog box) to "Buttons 53/54/55/56", the Store, Learn, Edit and Exit buttons become "normal" BCF2000 buttons: they no longer perform Store, Learn etc., but output the MIDI bytes specified by the button 53-56 definitions. So it's quite natural that by default the parameter fields of buttons 53-56 are empty: you haven't programmed them yet.

AND Button 53-56 already exist, namely in Push encoder group 3

This doesn't make sense.
Are you confusing the BCF2000 button numbers with MIDI controller numbers? There is no relation between the two.
A BCF2000 button number (such as 53 etc.) is just that: a number of a button on the BCF2000. Whatever MIDI data a BCF2000 button sends when you press it, is determined by how you've programmed that button, which can be basically anything.

Hope this helps,
   Mark.