Programming BCR2000 buttons

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
flonky
flonky's picture
Programming BCR2000 buttons

Hi,
I'm trying to program my BCR2000 to control my Audiothingies MicroMonsta (which uses CC and NRPN controller) with the BC Manager (on Mac).
Programming the encoders is easy but I'm struggling with the buttons.
Example: I want to increase the Filter Type with upper key 1 and decrease it with lower key 1. The Filter Type is on NRPN 13 and has 8 options (0 to 7?).
I set it up as seen on the screenshot (the lower key with increment -1) but when I press a key (ether upper or and lower) the value jumps from the first Filter option to the last Filter option, without the option in between.
Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
Florian

Screenshot

Mark van den Berg
Mark van den Berg's picture

Hi Florian,

As explained in section 15.10 of BC MIDI Implementation.pdf, you should swap Value 1 and Value 2:

Value1 must always be higher than Value2, otherwise Value will immediately stick at Value1 if Increment is negative, and at Value2 if Increment is positive. This occurs irrespective of the value of Default.

Hope this helps,
Mark.

flonky
flonky's picture

Thanks, now it works!

Next question: Is it possible to make the LED show "words" instead of numbers? Like "fst", "lin", "exp" instead of 0, 1, 2...

Mark van den Berg
Mark van den Berg's picture

Short answer: no.
As far as I know, the BCF and BCR don't offer any way to control their displays via MIDI.
So someone would have to rewrite the firmware of the BCF/BCR to make this possible.

Mark.