Division by zero Adress 0018B23F

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Toyfish
Toyfish's picture
Division by zero Adress 0018B23F

Hi im new to the BCR2000 and i have problems to program the maschine. I can progran 1 encoder group, but when i try to program another encoder group the BCR doesnt recieve the programming, and when i quit i get this error message:  Division by zero Adress 0018B23F - can anyone help please ?

Mark van den Berg
Mark van den Berg's picture

"Division by zero" is always bad.
I assume this is happening to you in BC Manager, but can you specify which version exactly and on which operating system?

Toyfish
Toyfish's picture

I use BC Manager 3.1.0 with OSX 10.10.5

Toyfish
Toyfish's picture

Hi again

I managed to get all 4 Encoder groups programmed, but i still get the sad "Division by zero" message, can you please help with some more info ?

Mark van den Berg

I've managed to reproduce the error: in my experience it only occurs when I first select the B-Controls window, then a window belonging to a specific B-Control (e.g. presets/encoders/buttons/layout) and then terminate the application.
So the error must be in the window cleanup logic.
It's basically harmless: there is no data corruption and the application does manage to save its setup file on termination.
However, I'll see if I can fix this fairly soon.
In the meantime: try to avoid quitting BC Manager when a presets/encoders/buttons/layout window is active: so for instance you could select the main window before you quit.

Toyfish
Toyfish's picture

OK - thanx for a workaround ;-)

Mark van den Berg

Fixed!
See https://mountainutilities.eu/news/several-gui-related-bugs-os-x-applications-fixed.

Thanks for bringing this issue to my attention!

Mark