Displaying fader banks on a BCF2000 using MCP

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
blinddrew
blinddrew's picture
Displaying fader banks on a BCF2000 using MCP

Hi Mark, me again. Firstly thanks again for your help setting up my BCR, that's been a great time saver for me. Now I have another question... ;)

I've borrowed a BCF of a friend to see if I can get that set up as I'd like. I'm almost there following the basic instructions in this video: http://reaperblog.net/2015/04/behringer-bcf2000-basic-setup-in-reaper/

The only thing that is hampering it is that there's no visual display of what bank of faders you're looking at (either on the unit or the screen). I was wondering if there was any way of using BC manager to set it so that with each bank move it selected the 8th track up the sequence?

I'm thinking that this probably isn't an option because it's using a different protocol, but thought I'd ask just in case.

Thanks

Drew

blinddrew
blinddrew's picture

Doh! Forgot to mention that I'm still using Reaper as my DAW so no midi feedback (hence using it in MC mode).

blinddrew
blinddrew's picture

Once again me, (I'm glad I have somewhere to have these conversations), no worries on this, I've got BCFView working now so that gives me what I need.

I now have a BCF doing fader duty and a BCR acting as a channel strip (and a korg nanokontrol doing bus duties) so I think i'm sorted. Just a shame the BCF isn't mine! :)

Mark van den Berg
Mark van den Berg's picture

Hi Drew,

For each BCF defined in BC Manager there is a "BCF monitor", which works almost exactly like BCFview.
This monitor can be opened from the B-Controls window via View -> Monitor.
And you can customize the monitor in lots of ways via View -> "Monitor options".

BC Manager and MIDI Tools also have "generic" Mackie monitors, but for a BCF2000 the BCF monitor is usually best.

See section 10 of the BC Manager manual for full discussion.
Also see this thread (somewhat confusingly in the MIDI Tools forum).

Mark

blinddrew
blinddrew's picture

Doh! I looked at the monitor prompts in the drop down but my brain immediately jumped to monitor-speakers not a monitor screen.

I'll go and have a play.

Thanks