Hello Mark and BCFamily.
I recently became an owner of a pre-owned BCF2000 that, for all intents and purposes, seemed to be in near mint condition. After severaly days of forum foraging, manual re-re-reading, video scrubbing (the infamous Dancetech exhaustive tutorial) and the likes, I have yet to figure out how to get this controller to play nicely with anyone. I fear it might be some sort of hardware problem (USB?), but am really hoping that, as my username implies, I'm just being a total noob. I will walk through the scenarios I've been through up to this point:
- The BCF is running on firmware version 1.10
- The BCF is connected via USB directly to my iMac (Retina 5k/Mid-2015), no audio/MIDI interface
- LPX recognized the control surface immediately and correctly identified it
- MIDI is being transmitted from the BCF, however it seems to be simply triggering Note Values, regardless of Fader/Encoder/Push-Rotary
- MIDI does not seem to be being received by the BCF
- I have tried this with BCF in both 'LC' emulation mode and 'BC' preset mode
- I found BC Manager through forums and decided to see if I could get it to communicate with that and perhaps do a factory reset
- BC Manager indicated that no BC Controls were detected
- I went to MIDI options and made sure the appropriate ports were selected
- BC Manager does another scan and indicates 'No response from B-Control'
- However, if I move the controls of the BCF, the MIDI input monitor reacts accordingly (i.e. move fader on 1 => Ch 1 indicates activity)
- I wanted to try and do a SysEx dump of the factory presets so that I could start with a completely fresh slate and downloaded SNOIZE's SysEx Librarian app
- Using that, I ran the 'bcf_FACTORY_PRESETS.syx' program
- Unfortunately, this has not seemed to yield any new results
So, I kind of don't know where to go from here. Perhaps I purchased a very lovely, near-mint lemon. I'm hoping that the only 'lemon' is in my understanding of how to operate this correctly. Please let me know what other information I could provide or other steps I could follow up with to aid in any assistance. I truly appreciate your time and efforts and many thanks to any and all that are able to help.