BC Manager can´t detect my BCR2000

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
holgi
holgi's picture
BC Manager can´t detect my BCR2000

Hi,

my english is bad! I know!

My BCR 2000 can´t connect to BC Manager, or the other way around....

In MIDI-OX i can connect and reseve mididata.

In Daslight 4 I can receve Data too, unfortunately not the data i want to use...

I`ve tried to reset it- don`t know, if i did it- but it helps nothing.....

I´ve updated the Firmware to 1.10 with BCUPDATE

Behringer BC-Edit 2beta3 fcks up- ...´ve nothing else expected.....but it finds it and can read the configuration- not more...

Is there any idea in this universe???

HÄLP!!!

Thanks,

Regards,

holgi

Mark van den Berg
Mark van den Berg's picture

My BCR 2000 can´t connect to BC Manager, or the other way around....

In MIDI-OX i can connect and reseve mididata.

If your BCR can communicate with MIDI-OX, but not with BC Manager, you probably haven't configured BC Manager correctly.

Have you followed the steps described in section 6 of the BC Manager Manual?
Most importantly: do you see your BCR's I/O devices in the "MIDI devices" dialog box, and are they enabled?

Hope this helps,
   Mark.

innaspace
innaspace's picture

Hi , I'm seemingly having a similar issue and thought I'd add to this thread instead of starting a new one ( hope that is ok.) I've just purchased a used bcr 2000 and cant quite get my new m1 laptop to recognize that its plugged in. Neither Audio / midi settings nor Ableton 11 seem to recognize that its plugged in. I tried downloading the bc manager but it also doesn't recognize the device. The Bcr 2000 reads firmware 1.03 upon start up. Would love to get this working. Any help/ advice would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

Mark van den Berg
Mark van den Berg's picture

Hi , I'm seemingly having a similar issue and thought I'd add to this thread instead of starting a new one ( hope that is ok.)

Ironically Holgi originally posted this topic as a comment to another topic that (in my view) was unrelated, so I made Holgi repost this comment as this topic, and now you're posting a problem in Holgi's topic that is probably not quite the same:
In Holgi's case, other applications (like MIDI-OX) can communicate with the BCR, which means that there is probably something wrong with BC Manager's configuration.
But you are reporting that no applications can communicate with your BCR, which means that there is probably something wrong with the BCR itself or its connection to the computer.
I can think of the following causes:

• The operating mode of your BCR must match the type of connection you're using: MIDI I/O cables or USB cable. E.g. for a connection to a computer via USB, the BCR's operating mode must be U-1/2/3/4; U-1 is recommendable at this stage. For a MIDI connection, S-4 is recommendable.
  • Some BCR2000s (and BCF2000s) have defective USB controllers, meaning that communication via USB in at least one direction is impossible. If this is the case, all you can do is use MIDI cables.

A further point: your BCR's firmware version 1.03 is very old. BC Manager is only guaranteed to fully work with 1.10. So you should update to 1.10 as soon as possible, e.g. using BC Manager: search for "Send firmware" in the BC Manager Manual for further discussion.

Hope this helps,
   Mark

holgi
holgi's picture

YES!

that was the step i forgot...!!!

....reading can help....

THANKS!

Hi innaspace,

the totally great program from Behringer could find my device for updating the firmware....

may be it helps....